Acts of Kindness
Small things done with great love can change the world. A random act of kindness is a simple, effective, and fun way to show the love of Jesus to the people around you.
That’s what our A Little Something Extra to Show You God Loves You cards are all about. We don’t only want to spread kindness, but we want to spread kindness with a purpose. Using these cards helps the recipient connect your act of kindness to God’s love for them.
Below are some ideas to get you started. With each act, simply give an A Little Something Extra to Show You God Loves You card to let someone know they are noticed and loved by God.
IDEAS FOR ACTS OF KINDNESS
1. Deliver fresh-baked cookies to a neighbor or co-worker.
2. Bring fresh flowers to someone.
3. Offer to babysit for free.
4. Mow someone’s yard for free.
5. Pay for someone’s coffee behind you in the drive-through.
6. Pay for someone’s fast food meal behind you in the drive-through.
7. Send a note of encouragement to someone.
8. Give baked goods or a small gift to the postman or delivery person.
9. Leave a big tip for your server at a restaurant.
10. Pay for someone’s movie that is behind you in line.
11. Help someone who you know is struggling financially.
12. Pay for someone’s meal or dessert at a restaurant.
13. Bake goodies and take them to the police station, fire station, or hospital.
14. Take a box of doughnuts to a school, office, etc.
15. Cook a meal for a neighbor or co-worker.
16. Share your umbrella with a stranger.
17. Help tutor a struggling student
18. Pay for someone’s groceries that is behind you in line.
A Little Something Extra to Show You God Loves You cards are available at the Information Center table.