Make a Difference on July 14, 2018
#ServeDay18 is an amazing opportunity to bless others and be blessed. Many will go out into our communities and show the love of Christ in real and tangible ways. HISplace small groups will choose a project of their own that everyone can do together as a group on #ServeDay18, so there will be many ways to get involved.
Everyone is invited to meet at the church at 9 AM that morning for Prayer and then be dismissed to your project from there.
Begin by asking your small group members the following questions. Hopefully, the answers will help you develop a project that is a perfect fit for your group.
• Who in your neighborhood has a need?
• What business or organization within your sphere of influence could use a blessing?
• What project types best suit your group’s ages and abilities? (prayer, worship, teaching, physical labor, etc.)
• Host a free garage sale
• Bring free lunches to construction workers and servicemen in your area
• Hand out free gum at a local park
• Clean up a widow’s or single mom’s yard
• Give out free sunscreen at a city park
• Give out free bottled water
• Plan a “Back to School Bash” for foster care children. Have free food, games, and a backpack/school supply giveaway
• Give out free donuts and coffee at bus stop or shopping center
• Host a free car wash for the faculty
• Minor car repairs for elderly, widows and/or single mom’s
• Kids host a free kids toys and games garage sale
• Kids host a free lemonade stand
• Deliver fresh flowers to the residents
• Host a worship service at a nursing home (offer worship, devotions, prayer, and fellowship)
• Throw a “Senior Prom” complete with live music, food, and decorations
• Landscape a flower garden and sitting area for resident
• Have kids make crafts (necklaces, wooden crosses) that can be given to residents
• Distribute chips and sodas to residents & employees (check with staff on food restrictions)
• Tea Party
• Help the residents complete care packages for foster kids
Special Needs/Youth Home
• Identify a family with a special needs child and give the family a Mom & Dad’s day out
• Adopt a group home for the day and throw a party for the residents
• Build a wheelchair ramp for handicapped
• Organize a field day for a group youth home
• Serve hot breakfast for the homeless in your community
• Do a community trash clean up
• Host a “Block Party” with free food, games, music, etc. for families
• Renovate a run-down playground or park in the area
• Do a door-to-door grocery giveaway
• Have a “Free Grass Cutting” day
• Serve free coffee, energy drinks, and snacks to staff and those waiting in the emergency room
• Give out healthy snacks to patients of chemotherapy
• Deliver small gifts to patients and families in the children’s ward (toys, care packages, etc)
• Prayer visits with patients and those in emergency room
• Take care-packages with snacks, sweets and small gift items (lotions, magazines, puzzles etc.) to families of hospitalized children.
Business/Service Organizations/Public Servicemen
• Wash windows
• Trash pick-up in parking lot
• Coral shopping carts to designated spaces
• Cook Lunch for your local police or fire station