Statement Of Faith
We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and has been preserved as an instruction manual to obtain eternal life and for life on earth. In the beginning God created man in His image. However, due to Adam’s sin in the Garden of Eden, death (spirit, soul and body) was introduced into the human race. Satan, God’s enemy and a fallen angel, has been trying to destroy mankind since creation.
We believe God sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer and die for the sins of every person. Jesus’ death resulted in defeat for Satan. Jesus Christ provided mankind a way to obtain access to God and live victoriously here on earth. After Jesus arose from the dead and ascended to heaven, the Holy Spirit was sent to be the believer’s Comforter and Guide. Only those who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior by grace through faith obtain the privilege of living an abundant life here on earth and have the promise of eternal life in heaven.
The Holy Spirit has given each believer specific gifts to be used to help and encourage people in the church, in the home and in the marketplace. Every believer is responsible to God to function in accordance with the particular gift or callings that have been entrusted to him or her.
We believe after physical death each person will be judged, believers for their obedience to God after salvation and unbelievers for not accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Believers will spend eternity in heaven with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Unbelievers will spend eternity in hell with the devil and the fallen angels.
1. We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, inerrant and inspired in its original writings; It is the complete and final revelation of God. 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21
2. We believe in one God, personal and knowable, Who manifests Himself in three persons, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Deuteronomy 6:4, John 6:27, Acts 5:3-4, 1 John 5:20
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh, born of a virgin, without sin and that He died on the cross for our sins, was buried, rose again from the dead and ascended bodily back to heaven. 1 Timothy 3:16, John 1:1-14,18; 20:30-31, Acts 1:9-11
4. We believe that all persons are sinners, guilty before God, deserving of judgment and in need of a Savior, Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 3:19-26; 5:12-21
5. We believe that salvation from sin, death and hell is by God’s grace based on the work of Jesus Christ alone, and is received by faith apart from any human performance or merit. John 14:6, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:1-10
6. We believe that all believers in Jesus Christ are in-dwelt by the Holy Spirit and that He empowers those believers who obey God and separate from sinful habits and lifestyles. John 14:16-18, Ephesians 5:15-21
7. We believe that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is a subsequent experience to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, the fullness of the Holy Spirit is available to all believers, provides power to be a witness and is evidenced by the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Acts 1:8; 2:4; 10:44-48, I Corinthians 12:1-11
8. We believe in the eternal punishment of the unbeliever in hell and the eternal life of a believer in heaven. Matthew 25:46, 2 Thessalonians 1:8-10, Revelation 20:11-15, John 14:1-3
9. We believe in the visible, bodily return of Christ to this earth to judge the world and to claim His Bride. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Revelation 1:7
10. We believe that all believers should assemble in local churches for mutual edification, encouragement, evangelism, service and worship. Acts 2:41-47; 14:21-27, Ephesians 4:1-16, Hebrews 10:24-25
11. We believe in divine healing for the human body based on the work of Christ, made available through the prayer of faith. 1 Peter 2:24, James 5:14-15
12. We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances of the church and should be practiced regularly. Acts 2:38, Romans 6:3-10